Thursday, March 31, 2011

Cesar Chavez Day!

I don't know if alot of people know where I work but I am the National Days of Service Coordinator for AmeriCorps. I plan national events of service for the community and students of Flagstaff AZ. Today myself and about 50 volunteers including my husband :)! made Cesar Chavez Cares Kits for the homeless in Flagstaff. We made about 150 kits for three different shelters! If that's not great IDK what is! lol This has always been something I have wanted to do, and I finally had the chance to do it! Oh! and Alejandro Chavez was also there (Cesar Chavez's Nephew!) he gave a speech and helped out making the care kits! I was also on NAZ TV talking about the events, to say the least I am horrible at interviews.

Today was a good Day! I hope it spreads to tommorrow! I have a math test :)

No comments:

Post a Comment